A Walk for the Ages.
June 5, 2022.
Want to support a participant??
A Walk for the Ages 2021 Review
A Walk for the Ages in Support of Baycrest is a new fundraising event created by the Baycrest Foundation. Its aim is to raise awareness and funds in support of our quest to defeat dementia. Since our inception more than 100 years ago, Baycrest has challenged the traditional methods of delivering care and remains dedicated to our society’s most vulnerable populations.
Whatever your age, A Walk for the Ages is where families, friends and companies can come together to raise money to create a future where every older adult enjoys a life of purpose, inspiration, and fulfilment.
Learn more about our COVID precautions and safety protocols.
Date: Sunday, September 19, 2021
Time: 8:15 a.m. – 10 a.m. (exclusive walk) then 10 a.m. until park closure.
(Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.)
Location: Canada’s Wonderland
Included in your registration:
- An exclusive walk around Canada’s Wonderland before the park opens to the public
- An event-branded hat (various colours available)
- Access to Canada’s Wonderland once the walk is complete
- Access to an exclusive area* to enjoy your lunch and rest your feet (*Kingswood will be available as a resting spot for our event participants until 3 p.m.)
- Access to great event swag!
PLUS the more you raise, the more swag you'll get! Check out all the rewards up for grabs here.
- All participants must pay a registration fee
- Individuals (ages 18+): $50. Fundraising minimum $150
- Junior Walker (ages 3-17): $36. No fundraising minimum but are encouraged to fundraise. Check out our Kids FUNdraising Toolkit for ideas!
Four 2021 WinterFest Admissions
Four Single Meal Deals
Four Bottomless Hot Chocolate Coupons
How to Participate
Follow these simple steps to join the inaugural A Walk for the Ages event:
Create your individual or team fundraising page
Fundraise to earn rewards like gear and accessories
Join us at Canada's Wonderland on Walk day
Enjoy the rides and attractions at Canada's Wonderland with family, friends, and colleagues
Funds raised from A Walk for the Ages will go towards Baycrest’s most urgent needs. Baycrest is home to more than 1,100 older adults who rely on the specialized care, education, research and innovations to help them live their best lives daily. To learn more about Baycrest, visit baycrest.org
Baycrest was founded in 1918 by visionary community members. Through innovative thinking, we are now among the few academic health science organizations in the world dedicated to research, innovation, education and care of older adults.
More than 564,000 Canadians live with dementia, with 25,000 new cases diagnosed every year. By 2021, the number of seniors is projected to exceed the number of children aged 14 and younger for the first time ever
- In 2018, approximately one in four Canadians aged 15 and older (or 7.8 million people) provided care to a family member or friend with a long-term health condition, a physical or mental disability, or problems related to aging
- 1.1 million Canadians are affected directly or indirectly by dementia
- $10.4 billion = the annual cost to Canadians of caring for people with dementia; this expense is projected to double by 2031.